Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Winning Wednesdy! : ) (Day 46)

  Wednesday marked the end of our Drug Free week.  We had a wonderful week of activities which encouraged the students to “turn their backs on drugs,” not to “let drugs sneak up on them,” to “team up against drugs,” and to “shade out drugs” because Real Life is Drug Free!  I strongly endorsed this week because I had a personal connection with someone who lost his life because of drugs.  In this community, I have heard that drugs are easily obtained and I wanted students to understand the devastation that drugs can cause.  I also brought in my personal fifth grade D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) essay plaque because I wanted the students to see that if they stick to what they say when they are in fifth grade they can and will have a drug free life.  
                               ..........AND........DRUM ROLL PLEASE...............
We won! We won! Our door decor for the Drug Free Week won!  Our class gets a pizza party!  I have been so busy that I have forgotten to upload a wonderful picture of our new class door!  Here it is:
I got this wonderful idea from a post on pinterest!  I have spider webs, small spiders, and two large spiders from Wal*Mart for supporting decorations!  But I am absolutely in love with the saying!  It is funny, cute, and it ties in Halloween since it was such a close holiday!  (But it was not focused on a Halloween theme! Not everyone celebrates such a holiday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment