Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday (Day 27)

*This morning was not a very positive one for me.  I did not realize that my class was out of control or that my CT was having to come in every few minutes and ask our students to be quiet.  I thought they were being alright but I did not realize they were bothering others who were in the hallway.  It has been really hard for my students because my CT and I are on two different classroom management levels and have two different styles.  But after I talked to him about the situation from this morning, I realized that I needed to work on morning class control and I needed to develop stronger classroom rules.*

     After specials, students were directed to work on verbs, nouns, and action words.  They also completed worksheets that made them practice on simple subjects, predicates, and irregular verbs.  For Math, students were split up into centers.  Three groups were review centers while one group focused on a road trip activity.  This particular group had to record the distance, in miles, from one destination to another. 
     For Social Studies, we read about the differences between the economies of the North and the South.  Then we began work on their dioramas.  Each group was directed to make 2 dioramas.  1 for the South after the Civil War ended and 1 for the South during Reconstruction.  Some groups were not happy to be paired together but I told them, "You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit."  They seemed to understand (and some even giggled) so they didn't ask to be changed again :)

 *Faculty Meeting*


No comments:

Post a Comment