Thursday, September 13, 2012

Transitional Thursday! (Day14)

Transitions, transitions, transitions! My class needs so much help with transitions!  When one subject is over, their minds seem to wander to another dimension!  I really need help finding some type of transition that is right for them.  If you have any suggestions, please post below!
     And now for my daily post..... 
Today was an easy going day.  For some reason, it seemed to go by very slowly.  Maybe because it is the day before Friday? Ah, who knows!  :)   This morning I had a lot of planing time so I was able to type up Social Studies and ELA lessons for next week.  I like the feeling of having these completed early because I don't have to fret over them during the weekend.  However, I am always a last minute person and seem to want to modify something right before the lesson!  I would like to think that it is inspiration that causes it and not pressure.......because I always seem to worry if my lessons are ever "good enough."  I am very excited to begin teaching another subject!  This means I will have been at my placement for four weeks.  I can not believe how time has just flown by.  I feel that everything is moving so fast and I am barely getting to enjoy all of the experiences I am having at my placement.
     Social Studies lesson:  reflection coming soon.
     Science lesson:  reflection coming soon.

I have also finally finished my "POET TREE" that I have been working on.  It contains leaves that have student written poetry on them.  (They are all diamante poems about Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis.)  Have a look!
The "grass" at the bottom of the tree is represented by 25 different types of poems (with definitions and examples).  The information to the left also talks about different types of poems and provides students with some vocabulary words associated with poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment